Stopping smoking is one of the best things that you, and your partner, can do to give your baby the best possible start in life.
Live Life Better Derbyshire can provide stop smoking support throughout your pregnancy.
We offer non-judgemental, confidential and supportive help for mums-to-be who want to stop smoking.
To find out more take part in our online assessment or call Live Life Better Derbyshire on 0800 0852299.
Benefits of stopping smoking in pregnancy
Stopping smoking will help both you and your baby straight away. When you stop smoking:
- You will cut down on the risk of complications in pregnancy and birth
- You are more likely to have a healthier pregnancy and a healthier baby
- You will reduce the risk of stillbirth
- Your baby is less likely to be born too early and have to face the additional breathing, feeding and health problems that often go with being premature
- Your baby is less likely to be born underweight
- You will reduce the risk of cot death, also known as sudden infant death syndrome
To find out more about the benefits of quitting, and to watch an informative short video, visit Erewash CCG’s lovebump.
Find out more about the benefits of stopping smoking during pregnancy.
NHS SmokeFree also has lots of help and advice for parents to be.
There’s informative videos and articles on Tommy’s website too.